Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thank goodness this episode didn't drag: Good Queen Fun

This weeks challenge was to create a look for a drag queen. Thank the lord the show finally got interesting, and got some interesting men and women! Annida Greencard reminded me of Gene Simmons from Never Too Young to Die:
PhotobucketPhotobucket
When is this gonna hit DVD?!
Joe, besides making the strongest look, really charmed in this episode. He was obviously frightened of the queens. He transitioned from fearful looks to acceptance with his super straight boobie dance and he truly listened to and benefited from his client's feedback.
I'm with Leanne. If I hear one more licious out of Blayne, so help me. She can be really funny and insightful, see "barflicious".
Suede is insane. He was zoning out and then his grandfather's ghost appeared to him and scattered seeds on his garment? Freudian much?! What a sad forced ploy to punch up a yawn outfit and drum up sympathy. I loved it that Hedda Lettuce was such a ballbuster. She had Suede so on the defensive he dropped all his third person mumbo jumbo and started using "I" like a sane person.
I was so happy to see my two most hated in the bottom two. Everybody wins when the bland baby and the Mormon asshat have a fifty-fifty chance of going home.
Ru Paul was one fierce bitch. I love that she smacked the designers around, some of them need a beating.


Blayne
and Miss Understood
Photobucket
Photobucket
They were perfect for each other with all that neon. That being said, he got a pass for this "gay Jurassic Park" getup because it looked sloppy on the runway.

Daniel
and Annida Greenkard
Photobucket
Photobucket
Classic fool behavior: "I'm not worried AT ALL about Tim's critique". They sunk your battleship. When will they learn?! He should've been out long before. He didn't seem to have a work ethic or a brain in his tenure with runway. He was whiny, I hate his stupid contacts, grrrrr....I can't believe he tried to draw a dividing line between Cirque du Soleil, Vegas, and drag queens. Sequins have a place in ALL THREE! You're more ridiculous than I thought if you think that your outfit was classy and representative of what a drag queen should be.


Jerell
and LeMay
Photobucket
Photobucket
I don't know that it was bottom three worthy, but I didn't really like it. I suppose they put you down there because you missed the mark in terms of aesthetic. My comment in my notes was: "Just like always..." It's been obvious to me that there's no dividing line in taste for you between women and drag queens, but this challenge clenched it.


Joe
and Varla Jean Merman
Photobucket
Photobucket
Cute.


Keith
and Sherry Vine
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ick. I loved Kors' priceless comment: "Sad chicken".
You are an asshole. You are a bad designer. If you don't go home next week....


Kenley
and Farrah Moans
Photobucket
Photobucket
I thought this was cute.


Korto
and Sweetie
Photobucket
Photobucket
I disagreed with the judges about this being flattering. It was beautiful from the front, but sad from the back. I think the win for Joe was justified.


Leanne
and Sharon Needles
Photobucket
Photobucket
It was okay. Not bold enough I guess. Not "normal", but the colors seemed too subdued for a queen.


Stella
and Luisa Verde
Photobucket
Photobucket
I can't believe I'm gonna say this about you, Stella, but this garment was too understated.


Suede
and Hedda Lettuce
Photobucket
Photobucket
It turned out to be pretty cute, I think because of the changes Hedda prompted. It could've been a whole lot more interesting if you had collaborated with a more fashion forward ghost.


Terri
and Acid Betty
Photobucket
Photobucket
It was obviously the most bold statement. I love everything Japanese. I think the makeup and the hair went a LONG way towards making the outfit. The actual construction seemed haphazard. I'm not sure I should see a queen's nipple on the runway, but maybe Acid Betty rolls that way...

On the shit list:
1.Keith
2.Jerell
3.Blayne

No comments: