Friday, October 16, 2009

The Witches

This week's challenge:
Create an extravagant stage look in the manner of Bob Mackie.

I enjoyed seeing Mackie. He seemed genuinely enthusiastic, unlike most PR guests, and very happy.
The way the footage was edited from beaming Nicolas to Mackie, it seemed like the Feather Prince and the Sultan of Sequins were having a moment there.
After the Mackie reveal, the designers discover that they will be making a stage look for Christina Aguilera.
They are given 30 minutes to sketch, 2 days to construct their garment, and a $300 budget at Mood.
The workroom looks like Vegas threw up on it when the designers get back from Mood.
Tim comes in and slams Shirin: "looks like student work."
Irina follows up: "I don't see her as a designer"
But Nicolas gets the last word, calling Irina a bitch. If the bitchy feather prince is calling you a bitch...
I think Gordana had a nervous breakdown. She was really in off-her-meds lunatic territory. It's weird because she had immunity.

The judges:
Bob Mackie
Nina Garcia (notice that when she comes back, the designers are not happy or excited as when Kors returned)
Christina Aguilera

Photobucket
Althea
Photobucket
Photobucket
I'm not really feeling it. I think the fabric looked kinda sloppy and I don't like the shrug.

Photobucket
Carol Hannah
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I like it. It seemed more like a red carpet look than something for the stage...

Photobucket
Christopher
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
I don't have pictures of the tear off top piece, but it pretty much went like this:
meh, tear off to reveal meh
They were right saying the reveal looked like a cheap halloween version of Lady Marmalade. But awkwardly, it looks more like Mya's outfit than Christina's.

Photobucket
Gordana
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Horrid. It needs to be burned.

Photobucket
Irina
PhotobucketPhotobucket
This looks like CH's feared ice skating costume. The producers are shaping up to turn Irina into Cruella Deville.

Photobucket
Logan
PhotobucketPhotobucket
It's a little lost and sloppy, but I think it's cute. It is very PG Barbarella.

Photobucket
Nicolas
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I think this looks beautifully crafted. This is Nicolas's niche. He shouldn't be having runway shows, he should be a costume designer for the stage.

Photobucket
Shirin
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Fail. Second only to Gordana. That being said, I had my money on Christopher being off. He has been in the bottom of the barrel for awhile and I was shocked to see him squeak by yet again.

Bryant Park 3:
1.Carol Hannah
2.Logan
3.Althea

No comments: