Friday, October 9, 2009

Cougar Town

This episode missed the mark. Not only did it have a creepy tone that seemed to glorify divorce more than empower divorcees, but once again there was a lack of clear winning designs and a lot of crap.
The challenge was to convert an old wedding dress into a fashionable look for divorced women.
Instantly after model selection, Shirin starts her tiny woman whinefest. "I got nothing to work with", life is unfair...blah blah blah. Does she know how many picks Epperson got selected last? He needs to tell Shirin to man up.
Ironically, in the midst of her complaining, tears, and generally tired dramatics she said "I'm such a strong person." If you SAY so...
Tim came through and announced that the winner of this challenge will be granted immunity for next week and that this is the last opportunity for immunity in the competition. He elicits a round of groans when he lets everyone know this is a one day challenge.
The divorcees come in and consult. Nothing out of the ordinary except Shirin's make me a feathered Cher costume woman and Nicolas' crazy hippie (maybe they should've switched? Shirin's lady needed a feather prince).
The designers did get a trip to Mood with a budget of $25 for up to 2 yards of fabric and anything else they needed.

The judges this week:
Michael Kors (still back)
Zanna Roberts
Tamara Mellon (she was basically not present as far as I can recall)

Althea
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I don't think the idea is bad, it almost seems cute on first glance, but it's like the leaning tower of Pisa. It has all these sloppy bits that turn it fug. The cups are odd, the back just looks messy. It misses the mark.

Carol Hannah
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I actually thought this dress was great. I did write wtf shrug. It was just wrong. Bad color, didn't work for the dress at all.

Christopher
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I wrote cute belt in my notes. That's really all I can say for it. I'm about to be cruel now, but only because Chris' client said she was an actress. I'm sure she could get work - but only as a transvestite. She looks like a man (Iggy Pop, in fact). She had her hair and makeup professionally done and it did nothing! This has no bearing on the ugly dress though.

Epperson
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I totally see what the judges were saying, but I thought the dress wasn't ugly. I can't say the same for many other designs this week.

Gordana
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I love this dress. Deserved win. That said, the hair/makeup/accessories stink. She does not know how to put a look together.

Irina
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
She does know how to put a look together. Must be all that dog accessorizing. However, I don't care for this dress. The look as a whole is strong, the dress seems well made, it just doesn't really look flatting to me. I think the sleeves and chest are throwing me off. It's an almost.

Logan
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Hideous. In the words of one judge, a "tragedy." This is yet another piece in support of my "Logan will win for pretty" theory from last week.

Nicolas
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
This is also craptastic. Not as bad as Logan's but really, Nicolas even said it was hideous.

Shirin
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Cute, but really? It was so average and something you could buy at any mall...

Bryant Park Three
1. Carol Hannah
2. Logan
3. Shirin

No comments: