Thursday, January 24, 2008

Blue's Got a Clue?

So, this week our designers were hauled over the Brooklyn bridge to a borough! I can't believe Christian didn't spontaneously combust from tacky overload. I've decided that he's a hipster bot. Sent from the future to complain about how tacky the past is. The Christian Whining Chronicles. A dubiously tasteful, but funky lady, told the designers they were to be given white cotton and denim to capture the spirit of blah blah blah = corporate branding! They ran around like chickens with their heads cut off snatching jeans and jackets from clotheslines. First off, I can't believe bravo passed up this opportunity for the great clothespin maiming incident and secondly, how many times this season are they gonna make poor Chris run? I feel so bad seeing all those designers ripping across the floor and to see adorable Chris bringing up the rear a mile back. He's got heart!
Did anyone besides me notice Rami hanging on Sweet P like they were best friends before they went on their field trip? Is that savvy mitigation, or did they use some damn good editing to make him look like a dick last episode?
Finally, I'm sure we were all shocked and horrified at Ricky's stunning revelation that he makes his own hats. They are disgusting. To echo the words of Christian "The fact that Ricky's still here is a joke." I liked part of his outfit, but at the end of the day he has horribly tacky taste and can only make things related to lingerie well - see corset.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Christian
"I'm gonna die of barfness"
Great quote, not so great outfit. I know they liked it. It was edgy and fashion forward, especially compared with the general dress-skewed conservatism of your competitors. That being said, this outfit is not remotely wearable. It is bulemic runway model fashion victim. Which once again leads me to conclude that Christian cannot do RTW. As far as I can tell, everything he does is completely concept driven and totally unwearable. Maybe he's too young to realize that at the end of the day, the people buy what the people can wear. A designer is just a brand or flavor of clothes, and his is a flavor I can't stomach. That said, I would really miss him for entertainment value if he departed.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Chris
"It's so cute to see youth"
"Someone needs to give him a bottle and send him to his bed" of Christian
It was cute, but Tim was spot on and you ignored him (doesn't everyone?). It looked like a mishmash of two different looks, one very structured and dated, and one more distressed and edgy. I'd love to see you at Bryant Park, but it looks like you may not be able to reign in your oft questionable taste until the end. You're backsliding into the flames of drag.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Ricky
Jesus, el cristo!
Why are you here? Why? I know that your time has come. You need to leave. Then you made something that I found half cute. *SIGH*
I loved it much better in progress. I still very much liked the bodice, but the hemline was not working for me. I can't even tell you how annoyed I was that you cried when being complimented. Please stop crying. Or keep crying and then swim out of the competition next week on a river of tears. Whatever.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Rami
I really liked this. It was both chic and a little downtown cool. I liked you much better as well. I hope you being classy isn't an act for the competition. I'd like to believe that last week was a lapse in judgment, rather than a lapse in facade. I'm so glad they gave you a material which prevented you making another goddamned twisted strap.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Victorya
This was SO BORING. Your outfit was not the ugliest, but it's a affront to the spirit of competition with the other final six designers that you made such a lazy garment. It literally looked like you took a stock denim jacket I had in my closet and sewed on lapels and an incredibly ugly denim back skirt to the bottom. It looked like something anyone could do in an hour, and I believe another designer actually commented on that fact. If you're gonna do something that's a take-off on the materials you've got, please take the time to actually rework the garment and make it look mildly original, okay? This is a message to Victorya's remaining comrades in the competition.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Sweet P
I really liked this. I'm ever so glad that you consistently listen to Tim. You're obviously not untalented, but you seem to lack direction and taste level. I don't think you should be in the final 3 either, but you seem to be holding your own as of late.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Jillian
Disgusting. When they panned up this outfit, I nearly lost my dinner. It's a high concept that utterly failed considering the materials weren't AT ALL suited to this design. Stop over-reaching! Simple = chic sometimes! Seriously, only the egregious affront to effort that was Victorya's design could make you look like the better choice!
PS, your lame attempt to make Victorya look like a copy cat with "I didn't know she had any interest in coats" was transparent and stupid. Every designer should have interest in something so basic! Like freakin' fabric is your territory and everyone else has to sew with plant fibers or something!
Dude, I think I've reached by breaking point with you.

Bryant Park Three:
1. Rami
2. Sweet P
3. Chris (keep it fresh and tasteful, we don't want Ricky or Jillian here)

2 comments:

Tanner said...

Every week I want to punch Ricky in the face more and more. I wish someone would.

Potato Famine Victims Must Eat Babies said...

I was trying to figure out exactly what Jillian's dress reminded me of, then I figured it out. It's something Lisa would wear to the Max on a date with a white person on Saved by the Bell.