Thursday, January 3, 2008

Candy, Girls!

Zac Posen and a boatload of candy all in one ep?! you may have kept me waiting for 2 lonely weeks, but baby, it was worth the pain. This episode was not only the first really creative assignment to date this season, but it was also full of comedy.
The first bit that caught my eye?
Kevin, who's certainly not gay and never was, bemoaning the fact that his passel of homosexual housemates is gone from his room.
Then during cattle call, Christian dumps his model and mouths something to the tune of "I still love you, baby" to which she might as well have mouthed "Fuck off, bitch."
Of course, Ricky was brought to tears in the first five minutes just because he had the last pick and had to send two models out to pasture...just let him go first people, we don't need another trail of tears!
Did anyone else besides me pity the poor woman who was the spokesperson for Hershey? I know candy sells itself, but take a public speaking class honey! A robot with cue cards would've been an improvement.
And for the few of you who don't tivo/dvr and skip the commercials, what kind of uppers is Santino on now? I don't remember that much enthusiasm from him in his whole season on PR.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Ricky
Boy! This skirt looks like a pot-bellied stove...no...check that...it looks like one of your damned ugly hats. How's a girl supposed to rock that inflatable ass outfit!?
You were lucky the top half was okay and there was other boring ass shit around to save your ass from being grass...

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Chris
I didn't really love or hate it, but the judges weren't wrong when they admired your uncharacteristic restraint.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Kit
Very punk rock. Very fun.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Elisa
"Magic, Magic, Magic!"
Ick! Honey there was a reason that this was your time to be aufed. God love you, the sob story this ep only telegraphed your demise. You are very sweet for a crazy person and we'll likely miss your antics.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Kevin
You're an inverse function. The more I hate you personally, the more I like your designs. Your 40's look this week is the outfit that I would be most likely to sport. You worked it out, even if you are homophobic, and not gay, and whatnot. I loved that for once I bought your Jersey tough guy routine when you threatened to off Christian.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Christian
"Great, we just make shit out of candy"
"This is my pile, bitches, don't touch it!"
You and your potent quotables are the highlight of this season. and the hair.
Your dress was pretty, but can't you use a jewel tone once in awhile? What's with all the darkness? It's all black and brown until you team up and make an ugly robins egg blue spandex monster a few weeks ago. It wasn't the color! It was the dress!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Sweet P
Boring. You're flailing far to much to be in the final 9.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Rami
I loved it as art, not as an actual outfit. Very couture. It reminded me of a biker harajuku girl. Maybe a waitress in Blade Runner? It was quite eye-catching and you deserved the win.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Jillian
It didn't do it for me, but my husband did like it. I loved the idea and the candy was a bold (and foolhardy) choice, but it just didn't fit the way a non-candy version would've. Course, I'm not a fan of the disembodied neckline strapless dress. I remember hating the motion of this Nicole Kidman Oscar dress.
Photobucket
I'm of the opinion that a strapless dress should be fitted on top, after all we don't want our tits popping out on national television, now do we ladies? Though I guess neither Nicole Kidman, nor a supermodel, is a good example of someone who has to worry about a breastacle accident.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Victorya
Boring and ugly. Looks like a Stepford wife's apron dress. The only striking thing was that pose you were so proud of "devising" because it made your model look like a retarded robot.

In My Fave 5 This Week:
Zac Posen
Rami
Kevin
Chrisitan
Kit

Afterward:
The more I see Jillian, the more of a problem I think she has. Not that everyone else isn't posturing, but she seems to have ZERO confidence. She is always so careful and primped and rigid, just waiting to be mocked or beat up. People don't like a mannequin, so drop your shields and get real!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I look forward to your blog almost as much as I look forward to the show. It's smartly organized and full of witty insight.
Love,
Mom

Marleaux said...

Liz, where are you. Where's my welcome back committee. I'm so depressed. I don't want to be here today. Fells like the walls are closing in on me.