Friday, September 12, 2008

Out of this World

I was away on mini-holiday, but I'm back and I just finished the ep on my DVR.
This week's challenge was to partner up with an auf-ed designer and create an avant-garde look based on one member of the team's astrological sign. Woo, that's a mouthful. They were judged by 7 designers from previous seasons during an evening at the planetarium inside the American Museum of Natural History (with kooky lighting to make it seem more edgy). Also, there is no more immunity and two designers were eliminated this week. Ah, there's the kitchen sink.
I have a boatload of great quotes, thanks to the inspired pairing of Keith and Terri (proof that there is a God, or at least a producer, with a sick sense of humor).
Keith and Terri's greatest hits:
"Keith's skill level is not the same as mine" - Terri
Keith talking about feeling fragile
Keith telling Terri he wants to be useful and Terri firing back with:
"Maybe he can count the pins that fall on the floor"
"I'm not gonna stand here looking like a fool because she's an angry, bitter person" -Keith
She is an angry, bitter person, but that's not why you're standing there looking like a fool. You are a fool.
"Trust me Terri, you're not the easiest person to work with"-Keith
that was a quote from Keith about someone else!
Terri, in response to Keith calling her darlin':
"Don't call me darlin'"
Hilarious! It sounds like something that Uma Thurman would say before fucking someone up in Kill Bill.
Then there was Blayne's response to being auf-ed for the most hideous thing I've ever seen on the runway:
"Baffled...kinda like a slap in the face"
Actually, getting voted off a competition show for being the bottom of the barrel is exactly like a slap in the face.
Kenley was a super bitch this ep. She seems to be turning bi-polar suddenly...Maybe she ran out of meds or the producers switched them with sugar pills? I'm not gonna blame her period, because I am a woman and that is no excuse!
The 7 guests from past runway seasons were:
Robert Plotnik (aufed 8th ep season 1)
Jay McCarroll (winner season 1)
Daniel Vosovic (finalist season 2)
Kara Janx (aufed 11th ep season 2)
Alison Kelly (aufed 6th ep season 3)
Carmen Webber (aufed 3rd ep season 4)
Christian Siriano (winner season 4)

Kara looked very haggard. I hope she's not ill...
Robert seems to show up a lot, I wonder how many of the judges/producers he nailed during the first season. I'm really curious as to why Carmen was there. I had to actually consult my blog history to figure out where she came from because I didn't recognize her at all. Why put such a forgettable face in the group?
Nina is back this week, which leads me to ask, who says welcome back when they are the one coming back? Isn't that what the people who didn't leave say to you if they missed you?
Guest Judge Francisco Costa was bland.
Overall a great episode for cutting more chaff and funny catfighting!

Aquarius
Korto + Kelli
Photobucket
Photobucket
It's lovely and graceful. Not very out there, but hard to criticize.


Aquarius
Kenley + Wesley
Photobucket
Photobucket
This was just awful. They told her it wasn't original and she argued that she couldn't have imitated anyone because she didn't pay attention to other designers. What a retard. Start listening to constructive criticism and stop being such a stubborn super-bitch. The thing that bothered me the most was that no one mentioned it was just plain ugly. Forget wearable, that's not what avant-garde is about, but it's supposed to be beautiful or at least interesting and provocative. No, I'm not connecting with it when I throw up in my mouth a little.


Aries
Joe + Daniel
Photobucket
Photobucket
I thought that the bodice was absolutely gorgeous. The skirt is not wonderful by itself, but I think the whole look is cohesive and interesting.


Scorpio
Leanne + Emily
Photobucket
Photobucket
It looks so much better in motion. This look was very interesting and provocative visually on the television, but it doesn't translate to photograph as beautifully.

Libra
Blayne + Stella
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is the most awful thing I think I've ever seen on Project Runway. So very, very wrong.

Leo
Terri + Keith
Photobucket
Photobucket
I didn't really get it. I am the first to admit I don't like Terri and I think she makes tacky crap, but I thought this was alright. It doesn't look great, but comparing it to Blayne's is just cruel. Maybe the cheapness was much more apparent in person? The voodoo princess in hell crack was funny.

Sagittarius
Jerell + Jennifer
Photobucket
Photobucket
It's not bad, but it shouldn't have won. I liked the dress underneath, but I wasn't feeling that coat. I like Joe's , Korto's, and Leanne's better. I would've taken any of them over Jerell. For me, his design didn't connect with the challenge at all and the other three designs actually reflected their respective astrological symbols. They didn't really have any explanations regarding how they picked the winner. That was just lazy not to record comments from the judges the night before. Maybe Jerell won on charisma alone during the cocktail party? I can't see Korto's angry stare or Joe's white bread quasi-homophobia winning any admirerers. Leanne is probably a wallflower at a party with her kooky mousiness...that leaves Jerell.


Libra
Suede + Jerry
Photobucket
Photobucket
I thought this was crap. I can't believe they only criticized it for being too off-the-rack and not for looking drab and sloppy and ugly. I think it should've been Suede and Blayne, personally, but I look forward to Suede being kicked to the curb next week. Suede does not have the charisma, and I was thrilled to hear Kors call him out on the Suede talk as being delusional. Was that the first time Suede talked his first person jive on the runway?

Bryant Park
1.Leanne
2.Korto
3.wildcard - Kenley or Joe?

No comments: